
Today I had a day all to myself and it was so lovely. Little E has been off school all week and was determined to go today because it was the last day before the holidays and it was 'wear your favourite footy colours to school' day (even though we don't really dig all that AFL business that goes on around here in September, both girls have managed to find a team they like to pretend they follow and I don't discourage or encourage, just go with the flow and let them participate if they wish).
This meant that I went for a lovely walk into town in the crazy wind, visited five op shops, came home and had lunch and a bath and attempted minimal housework duties. Sounds good right? It was except for the delusional op shop prices at Vinnies. I even scoffed out loud when I saw the price on a scratched plastic stool and some very worn books. Seriously are they kidding me? I know the money is for a good cause but I have been visiting op shops for a hundred years (since I was about 13 years old) and I have never seen prices so outrageous. I understand when an op shop in Chapel Street charges $12 for a cute skirt, their rent is high, the clothes are in good condition and usually a brand name and there are lots of groovy hipsters willing to part with all sorts of cash to look hip and cool. Someone please tell Vinnies here that Millers clothes, busted books and scratched plastic stools are not vintage,retro or antique so they should be embarrassed to charge as if they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment